*Dirt Bike Racing*
Both boys raced their bikes in the summer motocross series, at Sacramento Raceway . They had a great time and are both really getting into this "dirt bike" thing...which just "tickles us pink"! Anthony and Gabriel were both on 50's and raced in the same class, but couldn't be more different. I just LOVE how they are such individuals! Anthony, our competitive...go-getter...one thing on his mind- WIN! Then our Gabriel who is just out there to enjoy the ride and could care less about winning, he is just is out there to have fun and CRUZ ! Here are a few pic's from the season. Anthony ended up getting 2nd overall for the season in his class, which had 15+ kids in every race!






Just look at how big that grin is...the trophy is big too! ;)
*Family Reunion at Coloma Resort*
First I must apologize. I took hardly any pic's of this trip...a first...hard to believe, but true! I did get a few pic's of some highlights though! We had our family reunion (my mom's side) at Coloma Resort again this summer! It was a smaller group this year, because we all just had been together a few months prior, for my cousins wedding. But, those of us that made it, had a great time! I am just totally amazed that my grandparents at 86 and 91 are still RVing/Camping! Can you believe that...my grandparents ROCK ! Tod and I hope to be just as active as they are, when we're there wonderful age! Grandma Barbie & Grandpa Bud...we LOVE you two so much!
The big excitement of the trip...Gabriel going to the ER after a bike crash! This was him in the ER. Poor thing! He ended up being ok...thank goodness. He just had a big goose egg and a split lip! "YES" he was wearing his helmet...he just met up with the wrong rock when he landed on his face! :/ 
*Soccer*
Gabriel played soccer this summer and came totally out of his shell! I thought it might never happen, but Tod had faith! ;)' Gabe was amazing! So fast and aggressive, which in turn allowed his team to make many goals working well together...good teamwork! Gabriel says he wants to keep playing soccer and that works out well since Tod has really enjoyed coaching his team these past few years, with a friend of ours! :)



*CSP- My First Wedding*
Just about 3 weeks ago I did my first wedding! GREAT experience...with a TOTALLY AWESOME bride & groom - the daughter to a great friend of mine, that just retired from my fire department, but with that being said...it confirmed what I already knew...I don't want to go that direction! I already knew this, but wanted to give it a try! :) Besides they started asking over a year ago and I kept saying no...then decided "what the heck"...I'll give it a go! It could not have gone better! No glitches, issues or anything....amazing...I kept pinching myself. It was a FUN, but very LONG day...starting at the salon in the morning and then going on into the evening with dinner and the reception. The whole family was amazing to work with...so no complaints at all! I just really enjoy the bellies, babies, kiddos and family stuff. So since we are so blessed with wonderful careers (that pay the bills) I can be picky and enjoy this amazing journey into photography, that I LOVE, by shooting what I LOVE without the pressure to go to where the money is...weddings! It was so totally cool...Tod wanted to come with me to be our assistant. Tod was awesome and in just a few hours he knew what camera and lens I wanted when and for what things and bouncing light and/or shading! ;)' We always joke that when we retire, he is going to be my right-hand man! He was a HUGE help and kept us rolling. Us being myself and Brady, who is another guy I work with, who is getting into the videographer thing. This was a first for the both of us, so it was nice to be there together. He is GOOD with that side of it and was one of the guys that pushed me to go MAC 3 years ago. He has always done our annual department rewards "funny" spoof video/movie for work...for the big annual dinner party. We have teamed up and he is doing my slide shows for clients...to music and more the "movie" type feel, rather then the just plain flip-flip-flip slide show! This is his knack...and it is a win-win, cause I don't enjoy the slide show/movie making part as much as the taking of the pictures part! To see the wedding post and pictures on the Carmen Stiern Photography Blog "click" HERE or visit www.carmenstiernphotography.blogspot.com All but two pictures below were taken by a friend of the brides family. We had no idea she was snapping pic's of us til the end of the reception. I thought I was suppose to be the only one taking pic's...she caught us! ;)'




Loaded down, he carried our stuff all day...all over the place!
Thanks again babe...we could not have done this without you!!




1 comment:
Look at your little boys! They are like little MEN! So grown up and accomplished!
You are and awesome photographer, Carmen! Wish you lived here, so I could have you do our family photo!
Post a Comment