Good Friends Come To Visit

A good friend of mine and her little boy came to visit and left a WONDERFUL piece of herself in our home! I have been friends with Jen since we were seventeen and both starting down the path of becoming firefighters. We have remained friends through the years...even though at times we have gone months and months without seeing each other. I just love her! :) She is the good friend, that it doesn't matter how long it's been since you've talked...you just pick right back up where you left off...without skipping a beat, as if you had just talked a few days prior. We have been trying to figure out what to do on Mati's wall, over her crib, to add something! I know, I know it's been a year and we are still finishing "the nursery". With the third baby...things don't seem to get done as fast! ;) I got an idea and knew just who to call! Jen and Collin came out and spent the morning with us. Jen paints and when I say "paints", you guys have no idea. She did Collin's room, all walls, an underwater Nemo ocean theme. Every inch of his walls covered with color. When you step into his room, you feel like you are in the ocean swimming with the Nemo gang. She is absolutely amazing...she looked at Mati's bedding that morning and went to work...painting! She did it all free hand and mixed her own colors to match Mati's bedding perfectly! I could go on and on forever...about how amazing she is! The pic's don't due it justice...you will have to see it in "the real"! Jen...we can't "thank you", nor tell you enough how much we LOVE what you did in Mati's room...every time I go in there, it brings a smile to my face! You are AWESOME girl!

Collin was a little shy in the beginning...hiding behind his cup and snack. It didn't take long for him to start playing with Gabriel and Mati, as Jen got busy working her magic in Mati's room!

And here is the beautiful painting she did...we just LOVE the attention to detail, like adding in the same flowers and butterflies that are in Mati's bedding.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Thank you for all of the lovely compliments!!I enjoyed seeing you so much and Matisyn as well. I'm so glad you enjoy the work I did...not that it was work really. I LOVE doing it!!! Hope to see you again soon
Jen and Collin